- USD $15.00 postpaid (international SAL shipping included)
- Ian Lynam
- Idea + Publications
The Thing is a brand new 80-page booklet by Ian Lynam about Things—Things we’ve designed, designed Things that we have inherited, and Things so woven into our societies and cultures that we cannot extricate Them.
Also, The Thing is a book that glows in the dark.
The Thing is about the problematics of design, designers, and design history.
Lovingly offset printed and screen printed in a mix of three colors, The Thing mixes graphic design history, memoir, object studies, dismembered limbs, virgin tears, and blood sacrifice applied to some of the silkiest Japanese papers available.
Not sold on it yet? The Thing is typeset in the Biwa and Biwa Stencil families of digital typefaces from Wordshape.
– Netflix binge-watching as a metaphor for lived experience
– Problematic relationships with objects
– Earthquakes which turned into literal firestorms which claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people
– Japanese graphic design history
– Picking locks
– Secrets behind how to edit
– Guilt and Shame
– (Glows in the dark!)
Or alternately, check out our other new title Visual Strategies for the Apocalypse, a book about confronting creative constipation by Ian Lynam and friends.